What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Medical Card In New Jersey?
You must submit a signed Physician Certification with your NJ Department of Health application – and that is where we come in! We will provide the Physician Certification and then you can apply to get your card.
What Are The Qualifying Conditions To Get A Medical Card in New Jersey
A patient is required to have one of the following severe, debilitating or life-threatening medical conditions to qualify for the program:
• Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
• Chronic Pain
• Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
• Intractable skeletal spasticity
• Multiple sclerosis
• Muscular dystrophy
• Opioid Use Disorder
• Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Deficiency
• Syndrome (AIDS)
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
• Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
• Terminal illness with prognosis of less than 12 months to live
• Tourette Syndrome
What If I Don't Have a Diagnosis On The List?
Book an appointment with the information you have an let's figure it out together. Many more people qualify than believe they do and with a free initial consultation, there's no risk to you in trying. Simply book an appointment or give us a call.
How Much Does the Process Cost?
1) Physician Appointment Fee – due at the time of booking the online video chat appointment with the physician. If for any reason you are not able to make the appointmentp, please notify us and we will reschedule you for another time.
If you qualify for a medical card we charge $200. If you don't qualify you don't pay anything.
2) New Jersey Department of Health Application Fee – $100.
Patients and caregivers who are senior citizens, military veterans, or who qualify for the below listed state and federal assistance programs will be eligible to pay a fee of $20 each. The registration period is valid for 2 years.
NJ Medicaid Program
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits
NJ Temporary Disability Insurance benefits (TDI)
Supplemental Security Income Benefits (SSI)
Social Security Disability Benefits (SSD)